Tabbed browsing is a feature in Internet Explorer 8 that helps you to open links or websites in a single browser window. You do this by opening webpages in new tabs. The primary use of tabbed browsing is to reduce the number of Internet Explorer windows on the taskbar. You can enable the tabbed browsing feature or if you feel that one webpage in a single browser window satisfies your needs then you may disable tabbed browsing feature. Perform the following steps to enable or disable tabbed browsing in Internet Explorer 8:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Press Alt + T + O to open Internet Options dialog box.
You may also click or and then click Internet Options.
3. Click General tab. In the Tabs section, click Settings button to open Tabbed Browsing Settings dialog box.
4. Do one of the following:
To enable tabbed browsing : Click to place the checkmark beside Enable Tabbed Browsing (requires restarting Internet Explorer).
To disable tabbed browsing : Click to remove the checkmark beside Enable Tabbed Browsing (requires restarting Internet Explorer).
5. Click OK to close Tabbed Browsing Settings dialog box.
6. Click OK again to close Internet Options dialog box.
7. Restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.